Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hoot

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Hoot, we have not heard from you in awhile, so here we are calling out to see how you are doing. I do see by the news that the UP is in snow and more snow; those pasties you bought must be coming in handy. 

If you have a minute and are up to it, let us know how you are doing, we are thinking of you.

J.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Yes, please do. I've been wondering about you too.
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Hi all , I is doing pretty good deer hunting so far is no good. Worst season I think in many years finally on last day behind house saw a doe. Maybe muzzleloading season which starts in the morning will be better. At camp a big O no tracks nothing 2 days before season and the next 7 days..

Pasty's were excellant, about a lb apiece. Still have more left but buddy heater behind house, I'll have to rig up a heating grid for it. Glad you mentioned de food.

Ever so often I break down in tears, the letter I was writing at camp to Jan helped a lot.  The memories of the last 2 years are fading away and the good memories are surfacing again.

Again all of you were a great help in what you said especially the 911 call you told me to do at that time( NOW not later).  Others helped also by telling what they were going thru and it made my problems at times real small, it could have been a lot worse for me. I learned a lot here.  Every night I say a prayer for the caregivers and their loved ones , I just hope some day that they will find a cure for it.   Hope you all have a good night's rest .  I'll keep in touch Hoot

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot I pray everyday for you. Good to hear from you. I took the screen out of my bedroom window, I have shot 2 deer out of that window. I sure would like to make some deer sausage, and some back strap steaks.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Hoot, it's good to know you're doing OK. Fill up your freezer. It's getting cold!
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Very good to hear your voice Hoot, hope you are staying nicely and warm and snug.   This time of the year is one that carries more heartfelt memories and losses felt more deeply.  Take good care, and stay connected to those near and even those of us afar. 

So; the deer are hiding; have to say I feel myself smiling for them.  Well; it is the U.P. and deer hunting season is surely busy.

Let us know how things are going when you can and feel like talking a bit, we will be delighted to hear from you.

J.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Joe C it doesn't make me smile when they aren't around, I'm more like Toolbeltexpert , any way I can get them as long as it is legal.  What I really like is when the fawns or young ones come in to the bait, some times at a trot. The wary does hang back and finally make it in.

What I do is protect the does and fawns from the mean Bucks. Joe, I'm helping them out. Besides that they taste good.  Hoot

• Rennbird
    Rennbird Member Posts: 43
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    I did not realize that there was someone from the UP on this site.  My late husband was a Yooper and proud of it.  He grew up on the edge of Marquette.  I remember the first time he drove me up there.  It was something like a 17 hour car trip and the next morning when I woke up, I was sure when I walked outside, I would probably fall off the edge of the earth.  I find it difficult to believe that I have not been back since 1995.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more