Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Roving lawyer

I now have most of my documentation to put my husband into care. I remembered way back when we were first married that we had made a will and had a power of attorney done for each other. I wasn’t sure if these documents were even valid and wondered what to do. 
Low and behold, I get a phone call from said lawyer and we had a chat. I explained my husband had dementia and I had a doctor’s letter. He came with a witness because he explained that it was time to enact the POA. 
So in the space of ten minutes I now have both medical and financial POA. I joked with the lawyer saying it was amazing to have food, furniture etc delivered to the door, and now legal services. Hence the name roving lawyer. All I can say is someone up there has my back. 

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Excellent, Buggs! Glad things have been taken care of. You have to feel relieved.
  • Janco
    Janco Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments
    Brava!
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    That's great news and has to be a relief.  Every now and then something breaks the right way....
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Buggs that is great to hear things are going well. It is answered prayers.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Wonderful, Buggsaroo; I am so happy for you.  Things are moving along at a good pace now, hope all works out well with no blips.

Let us know how things are progressing and you may be feeling a bit more comfortable about the decision.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney