Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Beachfan(1)

I am wondering how you are doing, Beachfan. Have not seen a post from you for awhile.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thanks for posting Cherjer, agree.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you for your interest.  I am doing “well”.  I check the forum just about every day, but since my “hands on, 24/7” caregiving obligations have been handed over to the MCF, I don’t chime in as much as before to give advice, etc.  I keep busy with the grandkid’s activities, I read a lot, and have returned (reluctantly) to the Y for some much needed exercise.  I visit DH at least once a week.  

DH remains the same, but progressing steadily. I find it harder and harder to vividly remember when we were “whole” and that makes me sad.  I envy my 7 year old granddaughter, who only knows him with Alzheimer’s.  I took her to visit him on his birthday, a full year after placement.  I was a little apprehensive, but she said, “He’s great, Mimi.  His hair’s a little messy and he doesn’t walk so good, but he’s great.” I guess I should take a page out of her book!  Thank you again for caring.  It helps to know I’m not alone.  

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Lynn, I'm glad you're doing well. I know you said before that you were keeping busy with the family. That's great. It will keep you out of trouble. Drop by whenever you feel like it. We miss people when they change their routine here.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Glad to hear the update Lynn and that you are hanging in there.  Hope you enjoy the holidays with your family.
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

So good to hear you are doing well Lynn. And glad you are enjoying your family and especially your precious grandchildren.

My husband turned 80 yesterday (Dec.7)...I hope I can keep him home. He had a visit from a friend that  flew cross country to see him on his birthday. My husband and our friend worked together...my husband a mentor of our friend. Paul shared with my son what is father had done in space technology...my husband never really talked about his work...but our friend wrote information and shared pictures of the work they did together. This was a gift to us. 

• Nancy105
    Nancy105 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Ok learning here… I kinda want to know if I’m replying and posting correctly..
  • Nancy105
    Nancy105 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Ok I see now. I put up a post somewhere but it may just be floating around the web.

Thanks. N

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney