Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Korean War vet honored today at mcf

Today a resident where my dw is was honored with the Korean Ambassador of peace medal. He also has a purple heart medal, he stepped on a landmine.he aslo has a case full of other medals. We attended the ceremony. They had the ceremony in the main dining room, they had the mayor present the award and there was a large gathering of fellow vets present.  They mounted the plaque in the hall by his room. I am glad they honored him, his daughter and grand kids were also present.

Comments

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    That's great!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    That is really special. I'm glad he was honored, and I hope he understood what it was all about.
  • PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

What an honor! We owe so much to our Veterans and the sacrifices they made for us. I’ve been researching WWII and the Battle of the Bulge where my dad was captured and had to endure unimaginable trauma. Doing the research is my new distraction from the sadness and it is really helping me. My dad was an amazing man. When he was liberated and then hospitalized, he was nursed back to health by my mother who was an army nurse. They married three months later. My dad wanted 12 children. I was the fourth out of eleven. I can count my blessings in spite of the trauma associated with slowly losing the spies I have loved for so long.

Valerie

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney