Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Glasses saga

JJ401
JJ401 Member Posts: 312
Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Last December at his optometrist appointment I asked that the PD numbers be added to his prescription paper. I was thinking that if something happened to his glasses, I’d order online. 

Fast forward to November. DH is cleaning his glasses and on one side the lens fell out. I take the frame and the lens and go look for his old pair (as I never ordered online). They aren’t where I thought they were and then I notice that he’s wearing the broken ones. So I tell him that I’ll get ready and take him to get them fixed. When I’m ready he’s wearing the glasses, but has no idea where he moved the lens. So I go back to looking for the spare, find it, and take the broken ones away.

The lens has to be somewhere.  Can’t find it. Search for three days. Give up and order glasses online (spare is an old prescription) Three days later lens turns up so we get glasses fixed.

All is good until today. He had to have an MRI. As he was dressing after the MRI, he sits on the glasses and bends the frame. When we come home I get out the glasses I ordered online last month and he puts his bent glasses on his dresser. After supper I go to put the broken glasses away and — one lens is missing. Where? Who knows? 

Will it turn up? Probably sometime. If only I could Tile it like the keys that are always being misplaced.  

Comments

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

JJ,

Lost glasses sagas are so frustrating and sometimes comical. My DH has a pair of glasses minus a lens that never was found. He/we spent hours trying to find lost glasses. I finally bought him five pair. Now he won’t wear them at all as he says they will make him go blind. 

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Exasperating!!!!!  Sometimes the little things are the straw that breaks the camel's back. Thanks for sharing though, made me chuckle. With empathy.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more