Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Caegivers that ask for advice

I'm still on here quite a bit even though my wife has passed on. What bothers me is ones' who ask for advice in life threatening situations and are given it and than we never hear from them again. LO getting violent and putting Caregivers' in danger.

All I can do is keep them in my prayers. We are a big caring family here and we care for our LO's and also YOUR LOs' too. Also the Caregivers and when we don't hear from you again with what is going on with you and yours it really gets us worried.

Please if you follow the advice given let us know and also if you don't. We we really appreciate knowing. WE all care what is happening with you and your LO.

I was given advice when I reached the end of my patience with my wife and was told what to do.  

I was the one that was losing control and I did it and was so grateful I did. I let you know I would do it and did it and also the same day let you know when 911 service left with her.Hoot

Comments

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 530
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Just want to say thank you (and so many others) for caring.  That means a lot.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot thanks for being there as well as everyone else who walked me thru my crisis, everyone handles their crisis diffently. For you and me, it was moment by moment and posting helped us thru it. I still post because I hope I can somehow help someone know they are not alone is this. Now I am in this long haul mode. Getting back to a place where I can maybe function to earn a little living and help fund the cost of mc till our house sells.  Life goes on albeit differently. I do get what your saying, there are several on here I haven't heard from them in quite a while. Like you that only increases my prayers for them. This is just me,but I have written a post so that if I die whoever does that stuff will post my passing and a message, of course I gave my log in and pw so they can. Everyone here cares and matters to me. I would make a list of those who are are my mind but I wouldn't want to leave anyone out for fear of hurting their feelings. The way we do it now, we post their name and a brief message hoping they are OK. Butterfly wings disappearance is what made me take the step I mentioned above.

Let me say I am not conceited enough to think I am somebody special, I am not. But I am greatful.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hoot, what a great post! Thanks for the thread. I know some people ask for advice, then never show up again. I just hope they found the forum helpful.

Did you get that big buck? I hope you're holding together during this time of year. I know it's tough.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Hi Ed, I haven't even seen a little one-did see some deer Friday but no horns. Didn't go out today and tomorrow is the last day but will be out there and hopefully see something.  

I do some talking to the Man upstairs and also to the wife when I'm in my blind. When that happens it is hard to see anything    thru the tears that are falling.   Since Jan passed, today received   1st bill from the hospital  almost 14,000 but my share was 448.00 I'm hoping all bills I receive will be billed with the same way. Hoot

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Hoot, I too see Threads where someone has asked for input for significant issues and received good answers from multiple Members, but they never came back to even say they had read any of the responses.  I always wonder about them and so hope that they are doing better.  For some, we will never know.   I think some folks come online here expecting to get responses right away and when they do not, they leave.  Always good to look back for several days after Posting as Members arrive at different times to read.

Dear Hoot, I am sorry for the heartache; it is good to talk to the "man upstairs" and to your dear wife.  I talk to those close to me who have gone and it feels good and right to do so.  Keep warm and cozy Mr. Hoot; it sure is winter.

J.

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I agree - I like to hear the outcomes.  There are so many that have posted here with some hard situations/problems and I wonder how they've managed. I admire all of you who have been willing to open up and share the good and bad. 

I think I'm also one that tends to post when I'm stressed and over-the-top upset, and need to let some steam escape. Now that DH is in memory care, I am sleeping better and find that I don't get to that extreme level as often. 

I don't post here as often as before, but I really should. Having a LO in memory care is still so very difficult, but in a different way. But I can now sleep when I need to.

Did I mention how much I enjoy regular sleep?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more