Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Compromised and Covid

We have a storage unit that's inside a building where we store our holiday decorations.  Think three trees, (one just Star Trek ornaments) garland and enough to decorate every room in the house.  There were pictures, mirrors, some furniture and old computers and printers.  So on 11-29 I got an email from the storage units owners that they were Temporarily Closed due to security reasons.  Then on 12-1, I get another email that the building was targeted by thieves and is a crime scene that will be closed another 10-14 days.  On 12-7, I got a call that our unit had been "compromised" and I needed to make an appointment to check my unit.  I went yesterday and there were about 5 others that had appointments as well.  Walking down the hallway I noticed just about half of the units had their locks knocked off.  Got to our unit  and OMG they had gone through just about every box, broke anything that was breakable and threw things around they didn't want.  It looked like the worst episode of Hoarders.  I was told I couldn't touch anything as it was still a crime scene and needed to wait for insurance adjusters to show up.  So no Christmas decorations this year.  It's just heartbreaking.

So this morning I noticed that both DH and myself were coughing a little more then usual so gave us both Covid tests and of course we both tested positive.  Neither of us feels bad just coughing so now we are in quarantine.  Happy freaking holidays.

Bitter, party of one.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Kevcoy, how terrible! I'm so sorry for both your loss of your precious things, and the fact that you both had positive covid tests. I hope you both stay with light symptoms, like you have now. Get as much rest as you can, then keep us updated. Prayers coming for both of you.
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Dang!  What a time you’ve had.  Here’s hoping your luck improves soon Kevcoy.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Sorry to hear about your Christmas decorations that sure sound irreplaceable. I hope you both recover quickly and fully.

Stewart

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    The covid adds insult to injury, or vice versa, not sure which, am so sorry for both.  Please take it easy and take care of yourselves.  Ornaments have sentimental value but can be replaced.  It's the violation/violence of someone doing that to you that's hard to take.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more