Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

HAHA.....new fashion trend?!

The other morning my DH came out of his bedroom with his red underpants on OVER his flannel lined khakis!  

I told him that I'd help him get it fixed because that's not how those should go on.  He looked at me and said "A lot of people wear them this way"!!!

That evening, we were finishing dinner when a bat came swooping past my head!  As you might imagine, there was a lot of yelling and screaming.  My facebook post for the day was......What do you get when you have a freaked out female, a husband with Alzheimer's, a scared pit bull and a bat.  Answer -- Chaos!  You get total Chaos!

I guess Wednesday was the day for big time chuckles in my house!

Comments

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    I can just see it CStrope.   Thanks for a good laugh!
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    That sounds like it would make for a good scene in a movie. I needed a good laugh today thanks for sharing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thanks for the laugh, I hope you also got a laugh, they are so innocent at times. Hugs to you.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I have to join in with others in thanking you for a very good laugh!! Tho I’m sure it wasn’t too funny for you when the bat was flying around!
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    So funny CStrope except for the bat!!! Your dh is ready for Christmas!! Love his reply!!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'd bet Alfred Hitchcock could have made a movie about that.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I can imagine chaos, screaming dog barking, but what a story, did the bat survive.something funny happened as I was typing it made the suggestion "vampire "  lol
  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 524
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

You lost me at bat. There definitely would be screaming and running here. Oh my. Glad you all survived. Yikes.

eagle

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Loving the underwear over the pants. I had a friend who used to buy me underwear and frankly I used to die a thousand deaths when she would give them to me publicly. I decided I had to put a stop to it, so pulled on a pair over my pants and went over to her desk to show her. Result: no more underwear. 

A bat flew down the chimney in our house. My husband was terrified and so were the cats. I captured the creature in a pillow case and released it outside. I have always been the animal wrangler here. So on both counts, thanks for the laugh.

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 842
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

I told him that I'd help him get it fixed because that's not how those should go on.  He looked at me and said "A lot of people wear them this way"!!!

Ha!! He would be right -- if his name is Madonna and the decade is the 1980s!!

I loved his response. Definitely gave me a laugh.

But I have to ask - was the bat okay?

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Superman (Earth-One) - Wikipedia 

perhaps he had this in mind 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Everything old is new again. Except me.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Crushed. 

Hilarious, thanks for the morning laugh. I bet this is what her DH was thinking of.  CStrope, I hope your continuing to get a laugh out of this. Hugs Zetta 

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Oh I've gotten many laughs out of the situation and I'm sure will continue to for years.  DH taught high school Biology for 25 years, so he has always been the type that carries a bug outside, thinks all snakes are amazing, and feels horrible if a mouse or meadow vole gets killed in a trap, but this bat didn't stand a chance!  DH was yelling and smacking it with a broom like his life depended on it!
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Thank you for the laugh!  I needed that this morning.  We have had bats in our house at times and I know how upsetting it can be to have one flying around!  Glad you can laugh.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    A few years ago, M and I were in bed when I sensed something above me in the room. I turned on the light, and M said delightedly “Oh, we have a visitor”!  I chased that bat around the house, driving it towards the open front door. As we almost made it to the door, M was there in the doorway, closing the door. “Why did you close the door”! “Because it was open”.  I couldn’t argue with that, and finally got the bat out a second floor window.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Gosh thanks Connie, David that is so funny I am still laughing, I needed this post tonight.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more