Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Sometimes I wonder. . .

I'm still new here and possibly a little naive when it comes to too much information.
I know I'm with others that know the struggle is real so I've felt safe bearing my soul, sort of speak.

but I wonder sometimes if  I'm sharing too many private details about my life and struggles and then I remember I'm with all of you.

Comments

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 530
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Just my .02, but I think it's ok to share if you are ok with it.  Remember that others can read or not as they so choose.  Also remember that, in many cases, others may be feeling the same way and not feel free to express their feelings.  And there are no perfect humans.  We feel what we feel, especially when stressed by the illness of our LO.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    It's up to you to tell whatever you want, knowing that anyone can read these posts. Personally I don't mind others seeing my private information including my name, the town I live in, and even my birthday and my wife's. If people really want to know that stuff, it's readily available on the internet.
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

When I was going thru this with my wife's disease it sure helped me stay sane. I was offered very good advice in my dire problems with my caregiver role.  At times just letting others know what we were going thru helped me a lot. Unloading made me feel better.

Reading about others trials and tribulations at times made me think I didn't have it so bad. The advice given to others that had gone thru the same problems we were facing helped a lot. I wasn't ALONE in this fight, everyone on here was going or had gone thru their Caregiver role.  They also weren't afraid to share their problems with others.

One good thing about my journey thru this to my wife's passing. Nobody told me I was doing it wrong on this forum and here where I live. I did the best I could in those times taking care of my Loved One.  We get so caught up in this Caregiver role at times we don't know which end is up.

Lots of times nothing works and we just want to give up but we can't. We have a job to do.  I've been trying to forgive myself for the care I gave her- thinking back that I could have done things differently. I have to remember I was doing the best I could at those times. I miss her so much

• dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    The only time I have ever seen posts cause problems for people is when they have a family situation (siblings, step-relatives, extended family) with whom they are already in conflict regarding care for their LO.  They posted things that were very specific to their situation and were found out by other family members who came here to read.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more