Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Calling for prayers

Ok folks . 

Sigh. My annual mammogram was flagged for “ possible mass” . 

My sister died from breast cancer and I have been thinking about her since I got the letter on Saturday. No one seems to think cancer right now but I’m going to get a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow morning. 

Many of you know my husband is on Hospice at home. 

It’s been a long year and I’m tired. Even a cancer scare is more stress than I can handle, so please pray it’s nothing. 

Thanks 

Comments

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Prayers for you
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Prayers that all will turn out just fine.

Hugs too.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Father, I pray that you would be with Battebuddy and whatever mass they are possibly seeing I pray it is nothing. I also pray that you would be with her, help her with the stress that she faces worrying about this cancer situation and about taking care of her husband who is on  Hospice. Watch over her and keep her safe and grant her your peace, in Jesus name I ask these things Amen. God’s Blessings to you. Richard

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary
    My prayers are with you Battlebuddy. May The Lord wrap his loving arms around you and give you comfort and encouragement.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments

Lord, I pray the 'possible mass' is nothing to be concerned about. I pray for peace, comfort and rest for Battlebuddy. Amen

The good thing is you do your mammo yearly and they're getting you in quickly for more tests!

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Hugs to you Battlebuddy.  You can do this!  (())
  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 472
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Yes, hugs and prayers . I needed to have a breast biopsy during

the same time my HWD was getting his testing and diagnosis .

It is definitely a lot for you to bear. My results were good and I

pray for your strength to get through what you need to do.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm praying the mass will turn out to be nothing and that God will be with you and bring you peace beyond our understanding.

I need to get my mammogram, I have missed three years due to the lockdowns.

Iris

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Battlebuddy praying our Heavenly Father will just touch you and heal your body, that He gives you peace and strength. Amen 

I know how scary just hearing those words can be. Every year I have to go back in and have the ultrasound done. My mom, aunt and several others in my family had breast cancer so it’s scary. My prayers are definitely with you and your family!! Hugs for you!!

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,413
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    BB - I can understand why this  is even more stressful for you due to your sister.  In addition, it just seems like we are all stressed out to the max already and then our own body betrays us.  It sounds as if your doctors are on top of it.  Remember there are all kinds of things that it could be.   My thoughts are with you.  Let us know when you get an update.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Prayers coming your way. My wife had breast cancer twice. The first time she opted for a lumpectomy, and no chemo or radiation. About 5 or 6 years later she had it again. This time she opted for a mastectomy on one side, again no chemo or radiation and it never returned. I hope the prayers are answered, and there is nothing to worry about for you.
  • Whyzit
    Whyzit Member Posts: 156
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    BB my heart goes out to you. There is a wonderful hymn by Andre Crouch that you can see him singing on YouTube. Just Google THROUGH IT ALL and you will be able to hear the comforting words. Peace to you!
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest Battlebuddy; consider it done; sending my heartfelt thoughts your way; know that we are thinking of you, praying for you, and also know that we truly do care.

J.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

((((Dear Battlebuddy))))

You are in my thought and prayers. You are strong and you will make it through this. Hugs to You, Zetta

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    One more hand in the pile to hold you up.  It's in my family too, very familiar with the dread.  Every stress reverberates against all the others in these situations.  Prayers for strength and courage.  Please let us know BB when you can.
  • KathyF1
    KathyF1 Member Posts: 104
    25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Praying for you BattleBuddy! That God will overwhelm you with His peace and allow you to be free of any illness or worry of illness. I know- being a caregiver is enough. God knows too. He is faithful.
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Praying that all turns out well, Battlebuddy. We are all here to pray for you.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,365
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    BB-

Prayers that this additional appointment turns out to be no more than an inconvenience. I hope the radiologist is on-site to give you results immediately so this doesn't drag on any longer for you.

HB
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Holding you close in prayer.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Battle buddy be strong and courageous says the Lord, let Him have all your cares,because He cares for you.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Prayers and warm thoughts.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,322
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Battlebuddy, I hope the tests yesterday showed the possible mass to be nothing to worry about.  With all the stress caregivers have anyway, anything added to it is almost too much.  The Bible says God won't give us more than we can handle but sometimes it's really hard.  Prayers for you that all is well.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    I pray your appointment went well.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia