Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lost Hat

My SO lost his hat! I know this because he told me 11 times in 2 hours. Me: I’m sorry. Look in the car. Did you check the bedroom? I called the restaurant - they don’t have it. Repeat all my responses. Let’s go to Kohls and buy a new one. On the way to Kohls he obsessed about his keys so “it doesn’t make sense to go to Kohls”. At that point, I could care less!We came home, he found his keys and all was quiet! Today is a new day. Take care everyone.

Comments

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

My DW asks me everyday "Who is coming over today?" at least six times a day and at the end of the day after hosting kids or friends, "Who is coming over tomorrow?" usually when I am tired of hosting people. She basically ignores them but I know she is glad they are here. Often when we get in the car after grocery shopping she will say, "Did I have a hat?". This always stops me because she has never worn a hat, she has beautiful curly hair and never wore a hat. This is part of the repetitive behavior that I believe is common. She has been asking me the first question for six years.

Dave

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Happens almost every day.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia