Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Happy Holiday

jfkoc
jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
KWANZAA...ROHATSIS...HANUKKAH...CHRISTMAS...ASHURA..YALDA...JUUL...NEW YEAR...TWELFTH NIGHT AND FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US!

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I was on a forum several years ago, where one of the guys was Jewish. His wife was a Christian. He said when he was a kid, all the other kids were excited about Christmas, and he always felt like an outsider. But now he celebrates Christmas as well as Hanukkah. I thought that was great. So whatever holiday you celebrate, remember the meaning of it, and enjoy as much as possible.
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    I’ll second that.  My favorite is the winter solstice, with hope for another spring.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Merry **** to all!

Iris

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Merry, Happy, Blessed, ALL the Holidays and heartfelt warmest of wishes to everyone.  The following is something I pop up with every winter season - (the child in me!)

I made myself a snowball
    As perfect as could be.
     I thought I'd keep it as a pet
    And let it sleep with me.
    I made it some pajamas
    And a pillow for its head.
    Then last night it ran away,
    But first it wet the bed.

Author:  Shel Silverstein

With more heartfelt wishes for unexpected blessings both large and small to come to one and all as the page of 2022 turns to the whispers of 2023 to come, and may it be far more gentle and kind.

J.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

I would like to wish you and your family a Wonderful Holiday Season and a Great New Year! 

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Winter solstice!  Shortest day of the year.  Tomorrow the days start to lengthen. YIPPEE!  DH and I have a long time friend who lives outside of town in a beautiful log cabin.  Every December 21st, he sits on his front porch under the stars (or whatever the weather) and smokes a cigar- - his homage to the return of Spring.  I always send him a card to commemorate.  Our kids thinks we’re all nuts.  

Happy Holidays- - may 2023 be gentler and kinder to us all.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more