Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I think she is sensing the separation

My DW wakes up every morning, crying, pleading with me not to leave her or as she said "Promise you won't put me somewhere", "Promise you won't leave me" all morning for the first hour.

I've never mentioned placing her in MC at some point so I don't know if she's sensing something and having moment's of semi-clarity, or she's sensing that she is drifting away and we are losing the last few strings that still connect us to one another, or she's just referring to leaving her alone in the living room while I start the coffee. 

The house scares her now because she doesn't recognize it any longer and she feels she's in a stranger's home. She's afraid of my mom even though my mom is very small and frail. 
My mom is trying her best to deal with my DW but it's very very difficult for her and she can lose her patience which can set both of them off.
If you're wondering why my mom lives with us, it's complicated and a long story.

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    You might trying to respond with something like...I promise to always do the best I can for you because I love you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more