Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Tech question

M5M
M5M Member Posts: 114
Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
Is there a way to mark things as having been read, or to highlight items (other than the option to get the email notice). There is so much good information but I’d like to narrow my choices some….I often go back and reread something because I don’t realize I already read it. Thanks!

Comments

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 749
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

M5M, this site and tech don't seem to have a lot in common. The only way I've found is to check at the same time each day, and then to look back only as far as that time yesterday. I also go up to the "you" button and click on the comments I've made to see if anyone responded to them, as there doesn't seem to be any notification of that either.

Sorry not to be better help.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Sadly it is not you but this site. The platform here is based on the 1976 design. If that rings a bell that is when they invented the first computer. Sadly the people at Alzheimers Association work at that speed. I had offer to help them many years ago by getting the best folks to volunteer their time to bring them up to the 21 century and they had refused even thought I had some great people from MIT offering to do this for free. They had refused to give them access to the site. So it sure was not a cost issues.  That’s also the reason we don’t have drugs today. They prefer to make this along term job rather than actually having a cure. If they did, they would no longer have jobs so they just prefer to draw it out real slowly. Just maybe with the change at the top management in January they may do some real change. They actually need a real over haul.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more