Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A message from our family

Good day to all of you, and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. 

I'm posting this on behalf of both myself and my mom, gm gypsie. 

My brother, one of Jerry's sons, has made a movie with his family called Stealing Time. We would like to post a link to it, as it's a very short film that was created by my brother and his family in honor of our Dad as well as those with Alzheimers and their caregivers. 

The movie won't teach any caregiver very much, many of you have experiences this first hand, but it might help those outside our existence see some of what we live with. My dad is gone, he passed 1/23/21, but his legacy lives on in his family, and hopefully this video spreads awareness. 

https://player.vimeo.com/video/778309431

We don't want to seem self serving, we're sharing this because we feel people could really benefit from seeing it, and it's something many of us can relate to. But, it is in the running to go to the Cannes Film Festival, so if you feel so inclined, I'm sure my brother would appreciate if you voted for it.  If you feel so inclined, the link to do that is below:

https://www.footlightstudiosla.com/stealingtimevote

Also, spoiler alert, you might want some tissues. 

Thinking of all of you,

TheThirdGMGypsie
gm gypsie

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your mother. Please tell her we send condolences to everyone on his passing. I know you didn't post very often, but she did. Tell her she is welcome to visit the forum whenever she feels like it. There are several of us who have lost our LOs, and still participate. I hope things are going well for both of you. I will check out the video. Thanks!
  • TheThirdGMGypsie
    TheThirdGMGypsie Member Posts: 2
    Fifth Anniversary First Comment
    Oh, she know's she's welcome. She's been having a hard time logging in. Something is screwy with her account and she's been trying. While she might be on here less often, she has been thinking of all of you. Hopefully we can get her back online and you can speak with her directly. For now, she stands behind me as I type and we compose some posts together. 

Thanks for the condolences, even though it was a while ago it is reassuring to hear. Last Christmas we continued a tradition that started with his last Christmas in 2020. That year I decided to cook some of Dad's favorite foods, and some recipes he taught me. I'm not the best cook, so Mom helped me out in the kitchen. Even though the gesture was lost on him, he was so delighted every time we told him we made all that food specifically for him. We decided to make that an official holiday tradition, everyone cooks together.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more