Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Can

Another Day
Another Day Member Posts: 127
100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I wonder what drives it. Is is hiding or just moving? Does he say? Maybe you could set up a safe place for him to "hide" things. At least you would know where they were.

I doubt that this is anything that you are going to change so do what ever makes it easier for  you.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Hiding things was one of my Dad's behaviors.  He knew things were missing, but had no recollection of why or where they were.  Seldom found in the same place twice.

Best suggestion is to keep important items such as jewelry, documents, etch. in a secure location so they don't go missing.

You might also want to do a quick search of trash in household trash cans before dumping.

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    My wife is both restless and has sticky fingers. It makes for perpetual easter egg hunts. She is constantly gathering, stacking, stowing, and putting things where she thinks they belong. That place changes from day to day. Right now the TV remote is MIA. I asked her did you see the remote ? Without hesitation her response is "I didn't take it." I know most of her hiding places I just get too lazy to go through the drill for zillionth time, so I just yield to the universe and watch whatever is on. She obsesses over her phone and loses that by the second. She is confusing the remote with her phone lately so that give me some clues for today's hunt. Just another day in the life.
  • Bob in LW
    Bob in LW Member Posts: 91
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    My SO has severe short-term memory loss, cannot remember where to find things, and often puts them in the wrong place, but she is not really trying to hide them.  If your husband has memory loss, consider that it could be the cause of him "hiding" some things.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

I got tired of chasing the remote...it now has a silicone case with an airtag stuck in it. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more