Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Exposed

Are there people on this forum that you wish you knew who they are. Some folks are just so negative that I wonder why they are always like that. Do you wonder as I know who many of them are. I hate when people think they can say what ever they want just because they know you don't know who they are.

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Michael, I have come to accept that I have become more sensitive to other people's emotional outpourings.  That's why I take breaks from the board and limit certain threads.   Mixed within the hopelessness is great wisdom, which is found nowhere else.  This is a big conundrum, why I cannot leave permanently.  Also, there is still a great need among the populace.

Michael, it is winter.  You and I both are susceptible to these short winter days.  We have to take steps to counteract winter depression.  Are you doing this?   It's not the total answer, but every little bit helps.  Are you listening to music?  I attended a Beatles tribute show on New Year's Eve, so I've been listening to a lot of Beatles' songs.  I feel good when I immerse myself in my youth years.  I'm listening to "Give peace a chance" now.

Try to get outdoors in the morning, Michael.  At least, have your breakfast by your big windows, and watch the world go by!  Feel better, Michael! 

Iris

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Iris L.

Thanks, Victoria.

Beatles '64 and forever! 

This was my motto then.

I was one one of the teenie-boppers swooning to them on the Ed Sullivan Show in February 1964.

Iris

• RobertsBrown
    RobertsBrown Member Posts: 143
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Hi Micheal,

I'm Roberts.  Nice to meet you.

Long ago I realized that the use of pseudonyms is not for me.  I lack the maturity to behave like an adult unless I know I am accountable.  We seem to be outliers.

I wish I knew the identity of the wonderful people on the interwebs.  As this is a forum for the hurting and traumatized, we can be kind when someone goes overboard.  I do sometimes, and I have been tempted to come back here and erase stuff...and then I figure a true snapshot of my life is probably more useful to fellow travelers than a sanitized version.

Speaking for me, I am screwed up by all this, and screwed up people do screwy things.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

I probably should not have said this but you know me. No filter and that was what I was thinking. Thanks to all of you.

I would erase it but this is a learning experince not just for me  

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Michael, you spoke from the heart. It is very okay to do that.

The first time I was on this site many years ago, I was attacked by someone.  I was shocked and traumatized, so deleted my "offensive post" and left.

When I did come back a few years later, I just observed and never commented.  I didn't feel free to say anything.  As time passed, I did leave a comment or a post now and then with some very understanding, caring replies. 

I'm still here and even though I've never felt this site as a refuge, I do want to leave a comment or post something once in a while.  

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Michael, my two cents on this. I know of at least one person who gives very honest opinions, which are usually worth considering. But the way they come across is a little brash, and it could cause others to want to steer away from the forum. Their posts are meant to be helpful. It's just the wording that makes the difference.

There are a very few who might have a problem, then when given different good options by several others, are immediately dismissing any interest in trying something or accepting help. I'm talking about the ones who post with the same problems for months, and they appear to thrive in negativity, not solutions. I'm not talking about someone who has a problem, but can't find a good answer. And I don't want to discourage asking for help/opinions. That's what the forum is for.

I'm not sure if this is what your thread was about, but we're a group of all kinds of people, and that has to be taken into consideration. Of course all of this is just my opinion. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

• Iris L.

Michael, did you buy a new car?

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

No, are you referring to my picture. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife