Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Funny but kinda sad

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

My dh can still go to restroom most of the time by himself. Never hits the potty so there’s pee all over the floor. He will always tell me he’s sorry. Every morning I fill the spin mop and add pine soil, then I’m prepared. Dh has see me mopping, today he decided he could clean up his accident. He was so proud of himself!  I didn’t think he knew how to use the spin so I went to check it out! Needless to say there was water everywhere. But he tried. 

His other new thing. He’s started rubbing and scratching his eyebrows. I do keep his face washed. He insisted I shave his eyebrows off. Kept telling me to get this mess off of him. So now he has no eyebrows. And that’s okay too. 

What strange new things has/have your LOs come up with? 

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Joyce your so good at this, you give your dh his dignity when you let him try. I have noticed lately my dw needs to go to the potty she will tell me, I take her to her room and show her the toilet paper, but a few times I thought she was gonna pull her pants down in the room and just go right there on the floor, I just get her attention and direct her to the toilet. This is all so strange.
  • Arrowhead
    Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

My wife wears skirts that she likes to pull up to right under her arms

She also whispers a lot.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 443
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    My DH is bald on top and for years just shaved his whole head. About 9 mos ago, he stopped shaving his head. He told me he had never shaved his whole head. It’s grown in and was looking ok till about a week ago when I noticed a 2 x 2 in spot on the back that is now bald. A little problem with the electric razor? I don’t know if he’s aware of it and I just keep my mouth shut. A bit funny but definitely sad.
  • RobertsBrown
    RobertsBrown Member Posts: 143
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

there are four ways you can put on a pair of pants.  I have seen them all.

There are four ways you can put on a top, and I thought I had seen them all.

My gal found a fifth way.  Head and one arm through the neck hole.  I am pretty proud of my ability not to laugh out loud, and just compliment her on her outfit.

• Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Luckily my DH can still use the bathroom without making a mess.  But in the last few months he has taken to throwing the toilet paper into the wastebasket when he is done dabbing himself after finishing number 2 and 1.  And not just a few squares but at least 10 each time causing the paper to overflow the wastebasket daily.  The worst part though is one of the dogs has taken to pulling the toilet paper out of the basket and shredding it all over the house.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more