Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Cat laxative

I realize when I post here, it usually has to do with fecal affairs.
This one was epic. I give the cat a small amount of lactulose in liquid form. 
I kept it in the kitchen and everything went really well until a few days ago. 
I came downstairs and saw the bottle in the fridge, half empty and my heart sunk. I realized that my husband had drunk half the bottle. 
Fast forward to after lunch. He came downstairs and fiddled about in the kitchen. I heard this squelching sound, so reluctantly decided to check it out. 
Poo everywhere, in the hallway, on the floor, the kitchen awash in poo. He stood there and casually mentioned the kitchen was a mess. 
No really. Honestly thought my head would explode, but a thought crossed my mind, hey the cat cat laxative works. 
45 minutes later after mopping up poo, washing the floors and putting the laundry, I thought; I’m not in Kansas anymore.
Although, the social worker says he needs immediate placement, that can take up to six months or more. 
Later that night I phoned my mother and the two of us sobbed with laughter over the cat laxative affair. Honestly, you can’t make this sh-- up.

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

O My!  Buggs,

I bet that was a mess. You are the most patience person, your DH is so lucky to have you there for him. I did get a laugh out of it, thanks. Hugs Zetta 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    You could always try a suppository for the cat. Or maybe not a good idea. Better to keep it hidden.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Buggsroo I don’t know how you have cleaned poop up for so long!  My dh has been progressing and started having bm issues. He reminds me of a little boy who has been potty trained and has an accident! Very confused and embarrassed at the same time. But poop is still poop. I do admire you for your attitude about it. I have to think of you when I’m cleaning up and smile.  

Thanks for the laugh! 

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Buggsroo I really applaud you tenancy and your ability to endure. I am praying for a quick placement and close to you. A couple times at the mcf I would take my dw to her bathroom, I always  go into the bathroom to show her the tp and I look back and she's getting ready to go in the room outside the bathroom. This is so sad, they really can't help themselves. You are so kind.
  • Kenzie56
    Kenzie56 Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Care Reactions
    Bugs, on the Poo Meter from 1-10, you definitely gave us a visual image of a 10.  I will keep that in mind next time I am cleaning up DH in the bathroom.  That now seems so much easier than what you faced.  Thanks for the reset...I love the way you can laugh at the situation. It is either laugh or cry, right?  I prefer laughter as well, though sometimes I have my moments.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more