Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

HAD to share this email with you

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Careblazers <[email protected]>
To:Ed
Sat, Jan 14 at 4:16 PM

Careblazer,

In the past, I've hosted several free, live dementia care classes.

And those were great...for the ones who were able to attend live.

As a dementia caregiver, you don't always have the ability to adjust your busy schedule to fit a training.

That's why I put together a free dementia care class - BUT without the need for you to show up live.

It's all recorded and it's waiting for you whenever you are ready.

It's brand new and I'm happy to announce that you are one of the first to know that this training is officially ready.

It's called How To Care For A Loved One With Dementia- Without the Overwhelm, Confusion, and Dread.

Here's what to know about it:

1. I created it keeping in mind what I see are 3 of the TOP things keeping caregivers stuck in overwhelm.
  2. I wanted to share information that most healthcare providers just don't have time to share during a short healthcare appointment.
  3. I created it so you can watch on your own schedule- you don't have to show up at any special time. Just click the link below to sign up and it will be delivered to your email.

Sending you love and praying for a smoother, more enjoyable caregiving experience for you in 2023.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FREE TRAINING. 

, Dr. Natali & The Careblazer Team

Comments

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 683
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    Thank you, Ed!
  • RCT
    RCT Member Posts: 54
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Thanks so much Ed!!

• Ed1937
    You're welcome. I hope you both signed up for the class. She's really good, and when it's free, nothing to lose.
  • mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 530
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Thank you.  I decided to try it.
  • KathyF1
    KathyF1 Member Posts: 104
    25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thank you Ed, I signed up.
  • Ed1937
    I'm glad some of you signed up. She's really good.
  • Ed1937
    I have to say that I watched the whole thing, and was disappointed. Last year I took a 5 day course from her, and I thought it was fantastic. But this one seemed to be a sales pitch. I'm not saying her care course is not worth the money, because for what you are getting, it is likely worth every penny. I was just disappointed in the way this one was put together.
  • Josie in Podunk
    Josie in Podunk Member Posts: 87
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

Thank you, Ed, for coming back with your own assessment.  You were so excited to share and I did not want to come off as unappreciative of your care for us.

I was also disappointed that this turned into an hour long promo for something I cannot afford to sign up for regardless of the value in it.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 530
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Sadly, I thought the same thing as you did, LostInPodunk.   I watched the whole thing and it seemed like a pretty hard sell by the end.  I am not sure I have the $$ for it, either, though she make it sound good.  Something to keep in my back pocket for if I ever get too desperate.
  • RCT
    RCT Member Posts: 54
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hi All,

I realized pretty quickly that she was not giving any info so fast forwarded and knew I was right about sales pitch. There are so many free things to help us that I cant bring myself to invest in her. I just finished a 6 week free course given online called The Savvy Caregiver. I also have a free local support group. Ed..thanks for your assessment and for putting it out there! And of course there are all kinds of You Tubes available. 

• Ed1937
    I sent Natalie a message, telling her that we were disappointed in the video, and why. I've seen a lot of her stuff, and this is the first time I've been disappointed.
  • dhyink
    dhyink Member Posts: 26
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Her course may be good, but the video is just an infomercial, complete with a time-limited offer.   Even if I had the money to spare, this ad is so off-putting that I would look elsewhere.

• feudman
    feudman Member Posts: 59
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Since those following this thread are interested in caregiving instruction, the Savvy Caregiver classes RCT mentioned are worth looking into. I took this class early on, when it was only offered in person. It is thorough, and based on teaching how to help your LO to still do as much as they can, while they still can. So it helps both of you. The earlier in your journey you take it, the more helpful it will be. And it's free. Google it.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ed, I too have taken some of Natalie’s training and learned a lot from her. But was surprised and very disappointed in this . Glad you shared the feedback with her. 

• Ed1937

Joy, I'm not sure if she ever got my message. I don't know of any other way to message her except from facebook, which I almost *never* get on. But I did get on there today to see if she responded to my message. No luck. I'm not sure if she actually reads the messages, or if someone else reads them, then forwards what they think is important to her. 

RCT, thanks for mentioning savvy caregivers. I don't remember seeing that mentioned here before. It looks promising.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 683
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    Ed, thanks for trying to give her feedback on our behalf. Just from the way this "free" presentation was formulated--having to "sign-up" first then receive an email with link from her and subsequently the hard sell of limited time to view video--all sounded too gimicky. I was terribly disappointed as well. Maybe try sending her feedback via one of her YouTube videos? It may be more effective in getting to her since comments are more visible to the general public, although a direct response may still not happen. I suspect this whole deal was drawn up by some "clever" marketing company.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ed, 

I appreciated your candid response as I listened to the first session and had the feeling that this was an infomercial, and I just don't have the time. I followed Natalie when she began, and I did learn a lot. and felt helped by her. I tend to support the nonprofit groups and the local support groups now that I have found them. 

Dave

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney