Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Zauberflote. Off topic

Mint
Mint Member Posts: 2,680
Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
Was wondering if you would be able to share name of your magic black box for battery.  Would like to check into it.  Thank you

Comments

• Mint
    ttt
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I would like to know what the black box is also!!  Thanks
  • Mint
    ttt
  • Mint
    ttt
  • Mint
    ttt
  • Mint
    ttt
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Sayra; one can Google this and get a lot that can be confusing - but if you go to QVC and enter car battery chargers you will see their small "magic" boxes that are very effective . . . my friend got one and says it works great. Then you can research the brand further on Google if you wish.

J.

• Mint
    Thank you
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

This is the one I bought several years ago from Walmart.  Price was cheaper then, but liked all the safety features on it...for those of us not "car techs".  Had the "opportunity" to use it a couple of times and it worked as advertised and easy to do.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Audew-Portable-2000A-Peak-20000mAh-Auto-Battery-Jump-Starter-for-All-Gas-Engines-or-Up-To-8-5L-Diesel-Engines/414864757

• zauberflote
    zauberflote Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Sayra, So Sorry I missed this! You've already got some good starts. My car is in the shop, but I'm attempting to include a screenshot of one that looks very like my little booster. I bought one for DH (mine being the one I snitched from him!) which had been available at Costco at Christmas-shopping time. I've used mine more than once as I tend to do dumb things like leave the key in the car with ignition on overnight, or leave the cabin lights on the wrong setting overnight from time to time.

My attempt to attach a file is fruitless  i KNOW I've done it before, recently, but the little icon won't light up. It is called "NOCO GB40 Boost Plus" and a good generic search term is "battery booster"

DH once drove a car with a dead alternator quite a distance by keeping the little box hooked up to the battery. I'm glad I didn't know that at the time!

• Mint

Appreciate answers from each one of you.

Joydean the NOCO GB40 Booster Plus has good reviews and Hulkman alpha 85S has good reviews also.  I will probably get one of these two.  Hulkman not available at Amazon right now.  Believe I saw it at Walmart.com, Hulkman.com and trailpower.com.  You can find quite a few reviews on YouTube for both of them.  

Thank you Zauberflote for making me aware of this.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank each of you!! We women just never know when we might need these things!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more