Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Taking all his clothes off

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
Every time my dh goes to bathroom he now thinks he has to take ALL his clothes off! He says he’s freezing , so I have to put several layers of clothing on him, then he has to go bathroom, and getting all clothes off, then back on. I don’t understand the why, but he insists. Not only do I put layers of clothing on him, I have a large heating pad in his chair, a small heater in front of him, and blankets over him. He is constantly feeling around in the air when the heating system comes on. Telling me why do I turn the AC on. I can tell him it’s the heater coming on but that goes over his head.  Does anyone else have this issue? Thank you.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Never had it that bad. I wish I had a good suggestion for you.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,321
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Joydean, we never had that problem either - but, the title of your thread made me think about the time Charles had an appt. at the VAMC in OKC.  We were in the waiting room and all at once the man sitting across from me started taking off his clothing.  

I

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    My husband had to take off his shoes, socks and pants.  His shirt once in a while.  I could never understand why.   It reminded me of when the kids were little and first trained.  They would do the same thing.  He was always cold as well.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Victoria thanks for the funny video!

Lorita wow, right there in the waiting room! At this point I can see my dh doing that if he has to go to restroom! 

Caberr I thought of our kids when they were little several times when dh first started doing this. 

Thank you all for responding! I guess we will never know the why for the things our loved ones do. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more