Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

How old am I?

Whyzit
Whyzit Member Posts: 156
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes

DH said he is an old fart. So I asked him why he said that. He replied because I feel old. Then he asked me if he is 57 or 58. I then said You are 81. He said WOW.

Yes, wow! LOL no wonder he feels old. Oh my.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Whyzit thank you for a much needed laugh!!
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Ha ha, very funny
  • Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    That could be the age this disease started. Maybe that was the age long term memories stopped being stored. My wife speaks of events and people from 20+ years ago like it was yesterday. But can't remember anything said to her after 5 minutes. She has no idea what year it is either. Thinking back she had some isolated one time weird behavior incidents starting about 20+ years ago. I have read this disease starts long before it is diagnosed.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I asked my then 90 year old cousin how old she was and she said "twenty-five!"  I laughed, and asked, can I be twenty-five too?  She said "No, you're too old."  LOL, the laugh was on me.

Iris

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 842
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Ha!  That's great, Iris.  Although, also, "ouch."  
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kenzie56
    Kenzie56 Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Care Reactions
    This has been a great thread!  Maybe we all need a thread "just for fun"...laughter is so needed by all of us. Thank you Whyzit!
  • Pipsmom
    Pipsmom Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    My husband never remembers how old he is. When I tell him he is 76 he asks how old I am. When I tell him 65 he always says, “Wow, I did good!”
  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 472
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Pipsmom, that’s the same with me and my HWD

76 and 65.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Laughter is always the best medicine and this one has been fun. There are quite a few other fun threads. 

In December we had an appointment with dh’s doctor. It was on our anniversary, doctor asked dh how many years we had been married. Dh replied 25 I think! I just smiled, it was really 53 years. 

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    DH is obsessed with his age.  He goes around the house repeating, "I'm 82, I'm 82.  Sometimes though he forgets how old he is.  The other night he asked me if he was 18 or 19.  When I told him he was 82, he said, "That old!"
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    My husband’s birthday was a couple of weeks ago. The nursing facility where he now lives hosted a lovely party. My daughter and I brought a birthday cake. When the festivities were over, my husband asked me how old he is. I replied, « You’re 80 years old.» He looked at me for a moment and said, «My God, you’re married to an old man.» I replied, «Well you’re married to a great grandmother.» We had a good laugh until he asked me who is great grandchild is.
  • zauberflote
    zauberflote Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    By the time my mom was in my city, she was 91. People would ask her how old she was, for some reason unknown to me. She would think a moment, and either say she didn't know, or 78. (Maybe she picked that because she'd finished her second Bachelor's at that age and it somehow stuck in her brain) If I told the asker 91, Mom would sometimes get this look of horrified shock on her face. On a good day she'd say she was close enough to 100 that she'd like to live to 100. Yikes.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more