Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

He's in Jesus' arms

My DH passed away Wednesday.  Our kids are here and I have some family coming in for his service. It was a long goodbye since diagnosis almost 7 years ago. I feel sad, alone, and yet some relief. He's done suffering, but the love of my life is gone.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,724
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Oh Marie.  Prayers for you.
  • Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I am so sorry Marie.  Thank you for letting us know.  It must be such a hard time for you, glad that family will be with you.  Thinking of you and your family.  God bless you all.  You are right, his suffering is over.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Marie, I’m so sorry.  Holding you close in prayer.
  • F&E
    F&E Member Posts: 33
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Marie may God comfort you and your family.
  • A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Love and sympathy from another Marie. And, God forgive me, I wish my DH was beyond all pain and suffering too. He has now been in a SNF for a year and 8 months. Neither of us--and none of you all out there--deserve this.
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Marie, My sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. May you find some peace in the days ahead.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Marie I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband.
  • Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Oh Marie,

I’m so sorry you have lost the love of your life.  His suffering is over and his long journey is over. He is with Jesus now and happy again. But oh so sad for you. I hope you can get some rest now . I’m sure the last few weeks have been exhausting. 

• 60 falcon
    60 falcon Member Posts: 201
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes
    I'm sorry Marie.
  • June45
    June45 Member Posts: 365
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    I'm so sorry Marie. It's been a long hard road. Look up  the song Scars in Heaven (with lyrics) by Casting Crowns on YouTube. Your subject line reminds me of that song.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Marie I’m so sorry for your loss. But glad your husband is no longer suffering. May God give you and your family peace and strength in the coming days and months. God bless you.
  • LilySue
    LilySue Member Posts: 37
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Marie, we are definitely together on this horrendous road. My DH breathed last on Jan. 18, almost 11 years after a stroke that took away all his language and started him on the road to dementia. I will always love that dear man. My children are also a great help in this time of grief, but we're the ones left alone. Tears are so very close by all the time.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry for your loss, Marie. But I'm glad you have family to help you through this. I wish you strength in the coming days.
  • Howaboutnow
    Howaboutnow Member Posts: 133
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Marie, the road you’ve walked together for 7 years has split and perhaps given you both some relief and healing, yet in different ways. I’m sorry for your loss. Good to read you have family near. I hope that brings you much needed comfort. Take Care.
  • Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Marie, my sincere condolences. It’s been a long haul. You’ve been a great caregiver. Be gentle with yourself as you move forward.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Marie I am so sorry for the loss of the love of your life. But he is in heaven today. Praying for you.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Sorry for your loss.
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Marie, I am so sorry. Please know I am thinking of you and yours.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Marie,

I am so very sorry.  Your journey has been long and sad; I feel as though I am only steps behind you and it frightens me.  I hope and pray that you can find peace, rest, and happiness as time passes.  I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your entire family.  Stay strong. 

Grief is the price we pay for love.   How true. 

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Marie, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. I pray that you can take comfort in the fact that his suffering is over and he is now in our Lord's hands. God's blessings to you and your family as you start a new journey in life without him. May the memory of the love that you shared together bring you happiness in the days ahead. Richard

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    He's in Jesus' arms and that is the best way I think to express it. His suffering is over and yes you and family will miss him. Later on the good memories of him of earlier years will begin to surface. You will be able to enjoy them again with the family and by yourself. It's not easy at first but keep coming back here to see how your friends are doing and let them know how you are doing.   We are part of your family too.
  • Lills
    Lills Member Posts: 156
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I understand the grief you are feeling.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,321
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.  So glad  your family can be with you at this time.  Your husband is free now, no more suffering, no pain, he's like he was when he was well.  Take care of yourself  now.
  • dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Marie, I'm very sorry for your loss.  Please enjoy the company of your family and rest as you can.
  • Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 240
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Deepest sympathy to you, Marie. Hold dear your fondest memories of your life together. 

Ellen

• Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Marie I'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family. Your DH journey is over and your right he's in the arms of Jesus. I hope and pray you find peace.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Heartfelt condolences on the passing of your DH, Marie.  Wishing you comfort and peace in the weeks and months ahead.
  • wcsc
    wcsc Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am so sorry for your loss.  He is not suffering anymore and is at peace up in heaven with God.  Peace be with you.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Marie,

I am so sorry for your loss. He is free of this wretched disease, my sadness is for you and your family.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more