Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Alz cruises

M5M
M5M Member Posts: 114
Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
I have seen posts about Alz cruises…..can someone tell me how to locate them ? That sounds like a good option for DH as we progress.

Comments

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,365
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I went on this cruise in 2017 and in fact I see my photo on her web page although I don't remember signing a waiver, although there might have been a photo waiver in the forms I signed.  Be careful if you don't want your photo on the internet!

The cruise itself was nice, with workshops, music and fellowship.  All the people I met were nice.  By now, in 2023, she should be more experienced.  I made my own travel arrangements to get to Miami.  Other attendees were not satisfied with their travel arrangements.

Iris L.

• M5M
    M5M Member Posts: 114
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    Thanks. We have traveled a lot, even now we still have a 21 day coming up, but after reading some posts on a travel thread it gave me some new perspective. There is no one I could take along as a backup helper so I thought maybe I’d look into an Alz themed group.
  • Iris L.

If you go, tell Kathy, the owner, that Iris says "hello!"  She may not remember me, but I sat next to her on a shore excursion and gave her a suggestion for marketing her business to a local business in my city that caters to people with disabilities.  That was five years ago.

Iris

• Iris L.

I hope you both enjoy your trip.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset