Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I gave my love a valentine

I gave my love a valentine.

He’s read it 50 times or more.

Each time is like the first time and brings a smile and delight.

His brain may be broken, and my heart may be broken, but our love is still intact.

Happy Valentines Day 

Brenda 

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

That definitely goes in the win column. Happy Valentine's Day.

• Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Oh, how sweet!!!  Happy Valentine's Day.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Brenda that is so beautiful. I gave mine a valentine and he asked what it was, I told and just looked at me. I knew he didn’t understand so I read the card to him. But it’s not his fault.

Happy Valentine Day everyone. 

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I gave my dw a valentine's day card from a friend of our at church. She read it and read it asked me if I read it read it ect. I finally snuck it away. I hate Alzheimers
  • JJ401
    JJ401 Member Posts: 312
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions
    White Crane, I’m so glad you had a win today.

We still go out to eat so I took him to one of his favorite restaurants today. He enjoyed the meal, but the day itself never registered even though there was a special menu. But, I’ll take it as a win that we can still go out to eat at nice restaurants. The guy who always gave thoughtful cards is gone, who always took me out to eat on Valentines is gone, but the guy who is here still loves me (and I him).
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

I gave my love a valentine and a big smile spread across his face. He got up from the sofa gave me a kiss. My sister gave him a valentine and she got a kiss too. He put the cards on the kitchen table and keeps going over to look at them.

He always liked buying cards for people. He doesn’t remember to do that anymore but he loves to receive them. He hasn’t forgotten about love.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

ImMaggieMae that's so sweet. My wife was a big card sender,never forgot a birthday,  anniversary, not any more. I doubt she will remember my birthday, last year she kinda did. She had a huge collection of card programs all windows xp.. I was going to post a picture of one she made with a card program.  She made cards for everyone 

If I can find it again I will post it separately.

• Kenzie56
    Kenzie56 Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Care Reactions
    White Crane that is beautiful.  I'm so happy you had a good day. DH is not able to read, so I gave him a small box of chocolates and told him "Happy Valentine's Day".  He smiled and thanked the dogs...at least it made him happy.  LOL
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you guys for sharing

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia