Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

update on DH...hospice

Hi All...just wanted to give you an update on my DH as I had asked about keeping LO at home during the journey with AD. My DH went on Hospice several weeks ago, and I had no problem with this as the benefits out way the negative.  I still have my caregivers coming seven days a week to help me get DH up in the morning and to bed at night. I cut out all the meds that hospice suggested and just continue on what DH has been taken for the last few years. He walks  in our house constantly and rests when he gets tired. I have discontinue any drug that makes him agitated. I have made that decision on my own. I know this may be a fluke but I take each good day as a gift! I had him in a transport wheel chair that seemed to make him very agitated and one of my caregivers suggested to do away with this chair and have him walk! It has been amazing...he is no longer agitated and doing away with the chair. We all know that things can change in a heartbeat but right now I am thankful

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Sounds like all good news.  And yes, important to relish every peaceful day, even if transient.  Hope it lasts for a while Cherjer.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more