Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Dementia TV

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
I just came across this site. It is TV made for dementia, and looks really good. I don't have any first hand experience with it, but I think it's worth looking at. https://watch.zinniatv.com/browse  https://watch.zinniatv.com/browse  You can get a good idea of what it offers before signing up. Monthly price is $6.99, but if you sign up for a year, it's a little more affordable. Maybe try it for a month first??

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    That does look really good Ed...passed it along to our MC activities director.  Wbo knows, maybe they'd buy a subscription for the unit
  • Pipsmom
    Pipsmom Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    It looks interesting but I can't tell if you can pick a topic and it will play videos one after another?  My husband has trouble with remotes and he will be in a memory care unit.  He probably won't be able to choose video after video.  And I don't know if the staff will be able to do it for him.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Pipsmom wrote:
    It looks interesting but I can't tell if you can pick a topic and it will play videos one after another?  My husband has trouble with remotes and he will be in a memory care unit.  He probably won't be able to choose video after video.  And I don't know if the staff will be able to do it for him.

They offer a free trial, so that should answer your questions. If you take the trial, please post on this thread to let others know what you found.

• mommafour
    mommafour Member Posts: 82
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    Ed - thank you.  I'm always looking for ways to keep DH engaged and not sleeping all day, so I will check into this.  I'll also pass this along to my daughter who is a director of a memory care facility.  This could be a great idea for the residents.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more