Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I just want to say Thanks to everybody

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

I'm Hoot and I just want to say a big Thank-you to everybody that had words of wisdom for me on my journey with with my wife with this disease. She passed on Sept. 27 and her suffering was over.             I don't know how I would have made without you folks listening to me and telling me what to do. Lots of times I needed to unload my troubles and you listened to me.   Also when things got real bad you told me what I had to do.  I listened and did it.   Jo C. really helped me a lot and I see that she is still doing it for others.

I'm remembering the good times now of   Jan and forgetting the last few years when it wasn't her. I've got her picture on my copier and also one by my chair in front room.  I got thru this sober with you folks and also my other fellowship which I let know just what I was going thru.

Ever grateful Hoot

Comments

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Hoot, I've very sorry for your loss but at the same time glad this struggle is over for you.
    Same here as far as being a place to get wisdom, unload, get perspective and help to carry on.

-H

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot it’s so good to hear from you and so very happy you’re doing better! Hope your stay at your cabin and deer hunting was beneficial for you!  Take care of yourself because you know that’s what Jan would want! Hope your kids are doing well.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hi Hoot! Glad you dropped in. Jo has been giving great advice way before I ever got here. She has the expertise with different things that most of us do not. And she tries very successfully to help others. 

But Jo is not the only one who gives great advice and helps people. I'm not even sure how long this forum has been going, but I have a feeling that when people are put in the position of caregiving, most try to help those who have questions or just need support. And every single one of them made it possible for me to have questions answered because they were so willing to share what they knew. When I joined the site, I did not know that dementia was fatal. I think it took about two days to find that out. 

Hoot, I'm glad you're doing well. I'm sure it could be better, but you have a strong family relationship, and I'm sure that helps. Stop by from time to time to let us know you're doing OK.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hoot,

I'm so sorry, bless you.

Michele

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

It is good to hear your voice, Hoot.  It has been such a challenging time for you and you rose mightily to the occasion doing your very best which was really very good, thoughtful, kind and loving, doing all you could possibly do for your beloved wife.  What a wonderful advocate you were on her behalf.

We here are all in concert with support of one another; thank you for your kind input, it is appreciated.

Have to say Hoot, there is much respect for your strength and continuing on with working the program and retaining your sobriety through all that happened and all the adjustments and grief in the afterward which such an experience and loss brings.

So hope all is going well "way up there" in the U.P., for both you and your daughter; winter being winter and all. 

Don't be a stranger; you are still part of this extended electronic family who share with one another and you now have experience to share with others who are new.  Hope you continue to let us know how you are doing and what is happening in your life, you know we truly do care.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney