Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

If you haven't seen it......

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Read the "Exciting News About Alzconnected" (one of the stickies on the main page). We're going to a new UI, so you should know what to expect.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I’m sad that we will loose all the older post. I try to go back (when I have the time) and read as many of the older post. There’s just so much information to learn and see and feel the close connections between the people. This may sound silly but I feel like I’m going to lose all these wonderful people.
  • Josie in Podunk
    Josie in Podunk Member Posts: 87
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

Over the years I have belonged to a couple of different boards.  It’s always a bit of a hectic time when they have migrated to new platforms.  The upgrades can be great while the lost of the familiar can be unsettling for a while.

From the thread regarding the change:

‘What information from my account will be migrated over to the new platform? Your screen name, user profile information and any posts and replies you made over the last two years will be visible on the new platform.”

So, we may not lose all of the older posts.  Still, my guess is we may lose some as there always seems to be glitches in the matrix so to speak.

My hope is that this site will truly end up easier to navigate and be user friendly.

• Another Day
    Another Day Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Changing to a new platform....... I'm still learning this one. Guess it's true, the only thing constant is change.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more