Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

new symptom?

Lgw
Lgw Member Posts: 115
25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
Okay my DH has vascular dementia.  Today he got angry with the Hospice PA for the first time during his shower. Next several times with things she said and then later with things I said he has completely confused the things we said.  I just asked him if he was through with lunch and he said why would he want soup?  Through and soup?  I know they rhyme but it scared me. Are we looking at a new symptom?  Has anyone else gone through this?

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Yes.

It's normal progression. Hone your flexibility skill and patience and go with the flow.

Yeah. I know that's easier said than done but give it your best shot....

• Lgw
    Lgw Member Posts: 115
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Thanks.  Here goes adding more patience.  I hate this disease.  Oh, I've said that so many times. Wonder what comes next.  I've already gotten "used to" just after asking if he is full from a meal my dh asking 30 minutes later when is lunch.  Favorite is when it is dark outside and after supper.  He had stopped  snacking on nuts and now he has picked it back up.  I am glad for that as he has continually dropped sizes in diapers.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more