Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Makes me think of the Energizer Bunny

Just wondering, do any of your LOs constantly keep going? My husband is sleeping around 4 hours at night. And during the day he cannot get still. He's inside, outside, in the bedrooms, in the bathroom and then in the kitchen. Each place he goes he created a mess. He's on serequal morning and evening. And Xanax as needed to calm his angry/agressive behavior. Which I try not to give him every day, only if he gets very agitated.  I'm wore out with trying to keep him out of harms way.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    The hardest thing for me was getting rid of the anxiety associated with her bumping, banging and clanging from one room to another. I just let it go. She can't hurt herself or break or lose anything that can't be replaced. Everything I don't want lost I keep in a safe place out of knowledge and reach. I tire her out with walks and lots of activity but Hurricane Sue strikes at least twice a day.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Marie there's a wide dose range on Seroquel, and maybe you're just not there yet on dosing.  as ifn:  in schizophrenia doses can be up to 800 mg per day.  Maybe just discuss with his doc?  You can dose three times a day and increase each individual dose, of course.
  • mommafour
    mommafour Member Posts: 82
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    My DH just started on Seroquel 3 weeks ago. He takes it 2x per day, so 50 mg., in addition to 100mg/day sertraline (Zoloft). So far, this is not making any difference whatsoever. Still dealing with anger and delusions at least a couple times per day, no matter the time of day or night. I understand that Seroquel takes several weeks to be fully effective, but I thought we would see at least a slight difference by now. M1 makes a good point. I had been considering asking DH’s dr. if it’s time to increase the dosage. Marie67, certain areas of my house are in shambles (garage, utility room, kitchen cabinets) due to DH trying to “help”. I never know where missing items will turn up. I finally gave up trying to keep things organized, at least for now.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Marie, I never had to deal with that problem, but I've seen others mention it several times, so you're not alone. I hope you can find a solution.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more