Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Strange experience

My wife is wide awake wandering around the house wanting to go home. She says I have to call Bill. I am Bill. I hand her phone to her and call me. I pick up the phone and start talking to her while she is right in front of me. She couldn't make the connection the person on the phone and the person in front of her was me. I did some quick thinking and said I am here with the doctor and he told me to tell you to stop walking around and go to bed. You are home and you are safe and don't worry about anything. I then said is there anything else ? She said no and we hung up. I asked her what did he say ? She said he told me everything you have been telling me. I said well that's 3 of us that all agree you should go to bed and you are home and you are safe. She is in bed now. I think I may found a new tool in my dementia tool box.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Okay, so this is an AWESOME tool!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm glad that worked for you, Bill. I guess sometimes we can use the effects dementia has on our LOs to our advantage.
  • Another Day
    Another Day Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Thank you for the chuckle, just what I needed. The other night, our son texted that he was working on a hammer mill that he had just bought at auction. He's a farmer. I shared this information with my DH, showed him the picture even. He got it in his head that our son had bought and was running the paper maker Hammermill. There was no arguing this. He even had me look at the box in the closet where we keep office supplies. Sure enough, there was a box which we had purchased reams of paper and it was marked Hammermill. LOL I gave up and agreed, yes he's running a corporation now. Look for the bright spots, they do exist. At the very least find the best in an otherwise bad situation.
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Agree...a great tool. Thanks for sharing it.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more