Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A case for cameras

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

This post was from a woman who has a daughter who is brain damaged, and bedridden. She said if she tries to fix her hair, her daughter thinks she is trying to hit her.

Anyone that has a family member being care by a CNA or etc. please put cameras in their room and everywhere else , most of you know me and my handicap daughter. I had a very nice CNA on duty on my daughter’s Birthday 2/17/23 when she put my daughter to bed, this is what I found in the morning I went to her room to clean her she was bruised in her body and in her face, I checked my video and it was this nice CNA. I took pictures and called the police, they took pictures and download my video.I can’t talk to much about it because it’s under investigation.this is affecting all my family and my poor daughter Teresa. Please if you have a love one who needs care at home please put cameras. Not all are bad CNA I have had real good ones. But this should of not happen to my daughter or anyone else. Please pray for us 

and my daughter.( she is scared). God Bless us all. 

Comments

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Ed and you are so right. Most of those folks are abused in more ways then one could imagine. I work with a leading expert who ahs mad his life addressing abuse in AL and I am still shocked with what he shares with me privately. Sadly it getting worse. They make many cameras that can be hidden and people should but them because if they know there is a camera they are less likely to do anything wrong.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more