Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Feeling sad(1)

I havent been on for a long time, but Ive been feeling sad and frustrated. My husband is in the 6th stage of Alzheimers and doesnt know who I am to him or how he knows our kids. He has so much trouble trying to tell me anything and usually cant get it out, except to tell me "he wont be around much longer". Not sure how to react to those words. I also get frustrated when well meaning friends tell you how you should deal with everything. Sorry just needed to vent

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I’m very sorry. Glad you were able to come here.
  • RCT
    RCT Member Posts: 54
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I am so sad for you but this is the place to share and vent. I am sure there are others who are in your position..my husband is not there yet but I get sad too with each little loss. Sending prayers!
  • Another Day
    Another Day Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Bunny whisperer - I'm sorry for what you're going through. I think that's why we all land here. Some of my lowest points led me here and now I know that when things get rough or I just don't understand, come here to find answers and some truly caring people. It's like having a really good family, only you're not related to them other than through this journey we're all on together.  It blew my mind when I first came onto this site and realized how many people are going through the same thing at the same time, very humbling. Sending prayers and hugs.
    77 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Bunny Whisperer: My heart goes out to you. I know the loneliness and frustration. I wish I could offer some suggestions for comfort, but I am rather lost. One moment and a day at a time. Hard to do I know. The worst thing about this disease is it gets worse not better. I am convinced anyone not caring for someone with this does not have a clue on what it is like or the toll it takes on you. I do. I will pray for you in my many prayers for guidance daily. You are not alone. I know it feels that way as I feel it also, all the time. Crying helps me for a short time and I cry frequently. My doctor says that is not healthy, but it works for me. A relief valve. Bless you.
  • Bunny whisperer
    Bunny whisperer Member Posts: 2
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you for the understanding my ranting. Its nice to have someone who understands and can encourage others.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more