Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

tragedy

Cherjer
Cherjer Member Posts: 227
Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

My DH has been dealing with AD since 2015. I  had a sibling reunion two weeks ago with 5 sibs and their spouses. My DH is in stage 6 but seemed to enjoy all the chatting and liveliness of us,,69-81!! All meeting here in Huntington Beach, Ca from the midwest. 

Two weeks later...a tragic accident happened... my sister's husband died in a  ski accident in CO. We as a family are all reeling from this tragedy. My DH was the one we were worried about... we never know what will happen...life and death...I am more concerned about my sister than myself... I have been prepared but she lost her DH in a second.  

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I am so sorry to learn of the sudden death in your family, Cherjer.  Please accept my condolences.

Iris L.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    I too am sorry for the loss of your brother in law. And yet so glad you had the sib reunion. My thoughts are with you.
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Cherjer, My sincere condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Cherjer sorry for your loss. That is what drove my decision to sell and downsize to fund my dw care in case something happened to me, I didn't want to leave it in someone else's hand. We never now what the next minute has in store.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more