Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Re: new platform

Iris L.
Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
If there are threads that you want to refer back to, be aware that bookmarks from the current platform probably will not work on the new platform. Also, you will not be able to search for a particular thread by date, because the archived threads will all have the same date, or close to the same date. This is how it happened over the transition to a new platform in late 2011. So figure out a way to save your important threads. 
Iris

Comments

• Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Iris,

I joined the forum in 2008 and by my avatar is says I joined in December 2011 - so that was the last time they changed the format and everything before that was deleted?

Do you know if when they change it this time, will the posts before then still be here?  

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    If you have a thread that you consider uber-important, you could copy it, then paste it on a new thread in the new platform. That way it would be saved.
  • Iris L.

Lorita, all the older threads before December 2011 were not deleted, but were placed into the Archives.  At the top of the main dashboard there is a tab for "Archives".  The problem is that there is almost no way to find a specific thread, other by reading each topic heading.  This is because the archives were posted about the same time, so they all have the same date.  Also, they have the same name, either Administrator or Anonymous.  I suspect that the situation will be the same this time.  People need to be aware so they won't be disappointed.

Iris

• Iris L.

According to the Moderator, we will have only the last two years' threads saved.  Be warned.  It's happening in three days.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney