Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bedtime dizziness and vomiting

Hi everyone,

My husband has been having dizziness the last 4-5 months. It usually goes away after I help him up from his recliner and then he stands in front of his recliner for a few moments.  

A few weeks ago he vomited after going to bed.  He was fine the next morning and following days.  Last night, I helped him to bed because he was dizzy getting up from his recliner, again. He had not awakened from a nap when he got up.  A few minutes later, after he was in bed,  he was up vomiting and continued to do so until 1:30 am.  This morning he is up, moving around and eating his light breakfast with no problems.  

I checked his BP this morning, and it was 128/108 with a pulse of 126. He is on BP medication and has been for the last 40 years.  

Not sure what is going on with him.  If I take him to his GP, the doctor will want to run tests and scans.  This is such a dilemma. 

Each night for dinner, he drinks a glass of dry red wine and early evening, he has a gin and tonic. I do not drink each day or evening. 

Tonight I am going to ask him not to have a glass of wine or a gin and tonic and see if that makes any difference.  Hopefully he agrees. 

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  

Comments

• Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Hi Nancy,

I am a cardiology nurse.  A pulse of 126 is very high.  The diastolic BP of 108 is also abnormal.  He really needs to be seen right away to figure this out. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and he will feel better.  Good luck to you, Nancy.  You are wonderful to take such good care of him.

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Sligo, thank you for your response.  

I took his BP this afternoon and his pulse was 78 and his BP was 128 over 81. 

Not sure what was going on this morning.  I took mine and it was normal.

N

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney