Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Intimacy while facing poor hygiene on the part of my EO wife.

What can be done when my wife expects a certain level of intimacy despite her poor personal hygiene?  I don't want to hurt her feelings and she was always a very clean person. However, this disease has caused her to consistently disregard her hygiene. She will even mislead me about whether she has taken a shower.  I don't know what to do.

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Why not suggest taking a shower together. Tell her you need your back washed and you will wash hers. Maybe that would work. Good Luck
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    ladyzetta wrote:
    Why not suggest taking a shower together. Tell her you need your back washed and you will wash hers. Maybe that would work. Good Luck

Zetta, that's exactly what I was going to say.
  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    Oooh, these shower together suggestions surely brought back some very scintillating memories for me! Hope it works for you.
  • Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Baby wipes and perfume. I have to admit I take baby wipe baths with deodorant now and again when I go too long between showers. My wife avoids the shower but she is OK with baby wipes. Sometimes she will surprise me and take a shower on her own without me having to nag. I just got tired of that battle. As long as she uses the baby wipes on the key areas I have to take that as a win. The other thing I have to do is have clean clothes ready after her shower or she will put on the funky clothes she was wearing before. Her sense of smell is gone she can't tell anymore between worn or unworn clothes.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more