Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Crushed, Butterfly Wings, Cinsababe, abc123

I used our horrid search function for hunt up  Cinsababe’s last post. As near as I can tell, it’s been over a year since we have heard from her.  The last post I saw had concerns about her DH’s aggressive behavior.  Butterfly Wings had replied to that post.  I think BW disappeared from our forums in the summer of 2022. Then there is Crushed, who’s been incommunicado for over a month.  I’m not sure when we last heard from abc123.

I just realized  Cobalt has disappeared too. Ginsamae too- but her MIL went to live with Ginsamae’s  SIL.  

Who else are  we missing? 

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Yes, we've had several that went MIA. I don't think it has been too long ago that abc posted in the caregiver's forum. She was still acting as caregiver for her dad, but it was hard. 

Something tells me that Crushed's wife might have passed, and maybe he just doesn't want to come back. That's what happened to McCott.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Can we add Jmlarue to this list? Haven’t heard from her in a long time either.
  • Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Crushed has only been gone about a month and I also thought that maybe something happened to his wife but I think that he would have let us know if something had happened to her. Certainly she was the love of his life, I would be more inclined to think that maybe something happened to him or maybe he's just busy with his seminars and other things that he was doing.

• Ed1937
    I hope you're right.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Last post by Jmlarue was December  26. Her husband had passed on December  10th I believe. It's been 93 days.
  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 472
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I have been wondering about LynneD . She went dark after her

husband passed.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    shout out to Jeff in the Hudson Valley too
  • Cinsababe
    Cinsababe Member Posts: 36
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    I am still here! I often think about posting, but life is so overwhelming I end up just reading everyone else's. We have moved in with my brother and his wife which has been very helpful. My husband is still very aggressive. Tonight I had my arm twisted and got head butted twice...because I fixed the washing machine and "think I know everything." The gerripsych increases and juggles his meds which helps for a while. He is currently on Seroquel, Zoloft, Depakote and Rivistigmine. He complains to his children that I have stolen all of his money, that I keep him prisoner, that I took his driver's license, etc, all not true of course. Although I have all the tools locked up he continues to somehow get his hands on them, hiding them and using them in his rectum for sexual gratification until I find them again. Fortunately I got all of our estate papers in order 2 years ago including DPOA and his doctors have stated in his medical records that he has Alzheimers (determined by Pet Scan) and is incompetant. Also as part of our SC DPOA he stated that should the state ever need to appoint a guardian he would like that to be me...LOL so sad what this disease does. We celebrated our 4th anniversary on St Patrick's Day. I had certainly hoped for more, but am grateful that he has me and my family to care for him since his kids are far away.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,411
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Cinsababe!   Good to hear from you.  I’m sorry your situation is still so very difficult.  I’d have a very hard time with the tool fetish.  I’m glad that you aren’t doing this totally on your own.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 853
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Hoping to hear from some of these dear ones. I have also wondered if crusheds wife might’ve passed.
  • Ed1937
    Cinsababe, thanks for checking in. Sorry things have been so rough, but glad you have your brother and his wife to be there for you. Whenever you feel like it, please post again.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Another shout out to Stuck (in the Middle), haven't heard from him in a while either.
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I was in Germany and England 1) seeing a longtime friend with Parkinsons , 2) another friend who just lost his wife and a 3) colleague whose father has Alzheimer's.
    They all know DW  some for over 40 years  
    One told me a story of an industry type who asked DW "do you think  it will ever be possible to do X, the technical difficulties seem insurmountable" 

DW's answer 

We have a system prototype up and running and I have a presentation on it this fall at the computer meeting.
    She just floored people  

I also worked with a few colleagues on safety issues  

DW is in a wheelchair,  gets hand fed Has no idea who I am and has not known for five years  
    I saw her every weekday on face time
    Ive been on this road over 13 years now  

Crushed 

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,411
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Crushed - we are all glad you checked in.  If you read a couple pages into the forum, you will see an earlier thread also wondering where you were.
  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    So glad you were traveling and visiting friends... welcome back!
  • Ed1937
    Good to see you checking in. You'll need a pass from now on.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more