Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just an update on my move toolbeltexpert

Well the farm sold last Friday and 1 hr later I signed the largest check I ever signed for my new home, to say I am busy is an understatement. All the utilities are set,got a new washer and dryer. I have started making a pad for the portable garage. Which involved making a new gravel drive so far 2 loads of rock. I started with a shovel and quickly got my loader here.

It's now a 10 minute trip to Vistit my dw at mcf. I have kept with just morning visits but might do lunch with her depending on rain.

I need a building so I can empty the storage units out which I also work on emptying each day. Being busy has kept me from looking back and to build a new future here.

The new site has me baffled on how to put my picture back. But I like how I stay signed in so I don't lose my post or at least I haven't yet?

My prayer continue for each of you all. I hope to be able to slow down and catch up hoping that each of you with great trials with get some needed relief. I thank God for His care in every way for you all.

Stewart

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Stewart, you'll have your hands full for a while. I guess you know that. But it must be nice knowing it is only a 10 minute drive. I hope you find time for some much needed rest.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Easter Stewart. Beautiful picture! I do not envy you the work and dread the day myself.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Stewart, you have done a herculean effort putting the farm sale through and getting your move together; once you made your decision, it has been amazing how you put it all together.

The photo is beautiful, it makes me wish I were there. That property across the road almost needs a theme song it is so lovely.

As things get settled, it may well take a lot of stress off by being only a few short minutes from your wife's care facility. I send best thoughts that this move will be a significant blessing for you when all is settled.

Let us know how you are and how things are going; sure will be thinking of you and your wife.

J.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Beautiful property - looks like you are still out in the country. Hope all goes well and very happy for you.

Beth

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 472
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Congrats on the sale and new purchase! A big load off your mind. It’s been a rough year for you and I wish you peace and joy as you continue to care for your DW

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Steward so happy for you that everything has gone well for you. I know being close to your is very important to you. Prayers for you! Please take time for you.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Beautiful!

• Another Day
    Another Day Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Tool Belt Expert - I'm so glad that your move is done, it must be a relief. I've looked at where we live with fresh eyes since reading about your decision, then your progress of selling, buying a new place and everything involved. I love where we live, would not like having to sell this place a find another closer to a MCF, but it is a possibility since there's no MCF within an hour drive here. Moving is so much work. I am keeping you in my prayers, hoping that everything will work out well now.

• tigersmom
    tigersmom Member Posts: 196
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Stewart, your new place looks beautiful. Congratulations on getting through the hardest part. I hope you can find some peace and calm in making your new home exactly the way you want it. There must be something therapeutic in operating that loader!

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Congratulations on selling the farm and moving closer. I have been trying to find something closer to DW’s MCF but the real estate market in my area is still crazy. Two weeks ago I made an offer on a house 5 minutes from DW but there was 22 other offers and needless so say I was out bid. I wish you well in your new digs.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Well didn't want to start a new thread,I am just 1 month in and yesterday I emptied the rented storage units that felt good. I still have some stuff at a friend's place but it's garage stuff mostly work benches.

I like being closer to dw and can go multiple times a day if I want, but mostly it's just a morning visit and if it goes bad I leave and come back at lunch. The mcf has a nice court yard where I have put about ten of those spinners from the dollar stores. I also keep the bird feeders full and now put out hummingbird feeders and we have seen a couple so far.

Maybe I should have started a new thread called will you marry me. Every now and then dw asks if I will marry her. She did again yesterday, of course I say yes, but I say I should've have been the one to asks, it makes her so happy and that's all I want for her.

I have started putting the proceeds of the house sale to work while the interest rates are higher. I just changed my address from a po box back to a permanent address.

I oscillate between having good days with lots of ambition and can get something accomplished to zero but I am not gonna stay there. I thought I would post a few pictures of the work I have got done. 70 plus ton of rock and more needed. 2 buildings placed both full of Stuff. I am starting the wiring on the red building, 100 amp service, I have 2 welders and a fairly large air compressor, the red building is on a rock pad. Yesterday I had a neighbor ask if I did side work with my backhoe, I normally would not but I went and saw what they wanted, a tree stump dug out, most folks don't realize how much work that involves. I told them I would think about it but they have underground electric and they need to locate it first as well as the gas line.

Joe the realtor had told me that once it gets to April the bidding starts but so do the stipulations about house inspections and repairs before selling, I choose to avoid that. The folks who bought didn't do any inspections and I had a Termite guy come out and gave the house an all clear.

I can't imagine what houses up there are going for. The guy who bought my place was just driving and saw the sign. You might try that tactic, I saw lots of houses that way that weren't really being listed on the big box sites. Pray you can get a good place at a great price near to your dw.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Looks like you're doing the work of a young man. Great job! It really looks nice.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

TBE, beautiful! Take good care of yourself now.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Stewart, I am so impressed with all you have accomplished since your wife’s decline less than a year ago. You just make a plan and then work your way through the plan. One foot in front of the other. Any one of the things you’ve done would have been all I could do but you’ve done 4 or 5 major things! You’re an inspiration! Good for you! 👍️

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more