Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (190)

Lorita
Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I typed a long post on comments and then couldn't find a way to post it. So I'll try this. I won't type much - just to see if it works.

Ron, so sorry about Little Bit. I know how you feel. I know he has been a lot of company to you through your caregiving time - his memories will always be with you just as the memories of all of our lost ones are with me.

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lorita. 😍 I see you, please don't let this upset you as you see I found my way back to the porch. This is so confusing to me, and you know a lot more about computers then I do. Iam not sure if I did something wrong, but it looks like we have 2 190s???? Together here on the front porch we will get this mess figured out. Hugs to all, Zetta

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited April 2023

Lorita I see you too. So good to see your chair filled. when you type your comment in the big blank box, right below the box, right hand corner it says post comment. Click on that. Right to left of that says save draft. Hope this Is how yours is too so it will help.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Today has not been good! Lou's dementia is full blown and I cant get the vision of me carrying littlebit into the veterinarian office with him cuddled next to my chest and knowing what is about to happen. Lou still has not missed him and if she has noticed tears in my eyes running down my cheeks, she has not asked about why. I feel so alone right now! I've asked for prayers through my preacher, but dont know how I'm going to get through this.

I'm sorry for venting on the front porch!!

Ron

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ron so sorry that today is so rough. This journey gets hard often due to feeling so isolated. Do you have a child or acquaintance you could call and talk with awhile. Sometimes talking with someone for awhile helps.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Ron, I am so sorry, and I know how alone you must feel. You are in my prayers. Please reach out to your church family, someone will be there to help you. I am sure that vision will be hard to get out of your mind, I still have some of these types of visions in my mind. Remember it was done with a lot of love. Littlebit is resting in peace right now. Find something that was his and hold it, I used a blanket that my dog slept on. Right now, it is folded up under my bed and that's where it will always be, and she has been gone for 8 years. Hugs to you Ron. Zetta

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ron, my heart aches for your sorrow. Do not ever be sorry for sharing your feelings, good or bad, with those of us here. We are family...maybe not from the same tree, but certainly from the same experiences.

There is no easy way to get past a loss...the price we pay for loving and being loved.

• SQBEAR50
    SQBEAR50 Member Posts: 104
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hi All,

I'm still around. Just been busy. I will post soon.

Nicole

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney