Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Questions n

Lorita
Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

How do I get to the Spouse and caregivers forum to read posts?

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,409
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 2023

You must have been here to have posted your question.

I’ve found the easiest way is to click on the three horizontal lines at the top left of the app when you open it. Select discussions, then select support someone living with dementia, then select which one of the four discussion forums you want: general, spouse, parent, long distance. Then you can click on a topic to see the posts

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lorita, I just posted about you. On this same board, scroll down until you see Friends 190 that you started before the transition. Go to the bottom of the page 3, it will say "leave a comment". Try this.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

Loita, if you are on the home page, go to "view discussions for caregivers" box down a bit on the page.

It will take you to a new page. There you will be a box down a bit on the page called "caring for spouse or partner".

Hope this helps.

PS if you are on a discussion thread, scroll down and see the column on the right of the screen...you should find "Supporting someone living with dementia"...under that is "caring for a spouse or partner"...click that.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Or you can hover your mouse pointer over "discussions" at the top of this page. You will then get a drop down box of options.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more