Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hot water

My wife has EO and almost without fail, We go to the gym and workout every M-W-F. The hot water heater was not working this morning at our place. My wife would not go to the gym today because she was worried that the hot water would be out there too. After trying to convince her that the two hot water sources were not in any way connected, she would not budge. I worked hard to make her see my point, but after three separate tries I made the decision to go without her. Usually, she is very keen to get to the gym and especially the pool. We have friends there and everyone asked about her. I wondered if this was some kind of new trend for her.

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hohenzollern, Sorry you are reaching the point where reasoning with your LO no longer yields the desired results. For some of us reasoning just becomes a fruitless & frustrating effort. A some point using fiblets might yield better results. Maybe you could have faked a call to the gym & “confirmed” their hot water was working. Good luck.

• Hohenzollern
    Hohenzollern Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment

Thanks for that... I appreciate the input.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more