Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

This new site is frustrating

michiganpat
michiganpat Member Posts: 140
100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

As a positive I am glad I can stay signed in. Here’s what I don’t like: The layout is hard to follow. The profile pictures and the printing are small and nothing stands out, The cakes and badges are silly and seem to be generally disliked but your response was they are staying. The old site was so easy and I sure do miss it. I don’t have a problem with change and looked forward to the new improved site but so far I am frustrated and disappointed. Also, I don’t see a way to delete a post once I’ve posted it.

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

The ability to delete a post has been taken away.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,410
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 2023

Victoria - thank you for your response about points in the question and answer discussion. I hopped over to that link. How odd that a forum for support of a terminal disease is using gratification thinking it will increase membership and use of the forum. Especially since most of us have expressed that we are here for the actual content of the forum and in spite of the gratification features. Maybe the designers have no choice but to use them. Is the software a package that won’t let them remove easily certain features?

• ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

This new format is terrible. Cakes and badges are absurd. We are not here for cakes and badges.

ElaineD

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Unfortunately, I feel the same way. My DH passed 2 1/2 years ago, and I am still compelled to visit every day, even though my grief therapist thinks I should wean myself. It's getting easier since the new format :(

Michele

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney