Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Jo C. Testing If Can Add Name For Member Ease

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Testing to see if a Member can add their avatar name to the Thread Title so they can be easily identified for Members. We could ALL do this if it works; it would be very helpful.

Comments

• Jo C.

Omigosh, apologies to everyone, it will not permit me to delete the Testing even if I use the Edit and erase the title and comment.

Guess I won't do that again.

J.

• Jo C.

Apologies to everyone. I had intended to Test and Delete . . . it would not let me do so even if I used Edit to erase. It simply stayed. So; I have learned not to do that again.

• Jo C.

Sorry, won't let me edit and delete the more or less duplicate Posts, so I got two for the price of one.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Jo, go to the edit option. Erase everything you do not want seen. Then click on "Post Comment".

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

I tried to add my avatar but it will not let me put it where i want it This is where it ended up at.

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Lady Texan says-

Jo C thanks for trying the workaround.

I am hopeful that the user’s input will be implemented as soon as practical.

Workarounds should not be necessary bc the vendor should modify the product to meet the needs of the stakeholders.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I think Jo was referring to username instead of avatar, like she did with the title of this thread. Pretty good idea, actually.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Last Dance is this what she was talking about? So that my Avatar name is Large? I created this in word then copied and pasted it for discussion. Last Dance is 20 PT and writing is 14 PT

We really shouldn't have to do this but I doubt they will redo the program I would really like to know how much they paid to have this new format, and why they dint do some kind of test run before they completely changed over. Microsoft has done that when they have come out with new software, and while it doesn't always make everybody happy it helps because they take the users advice that test new programs into consideration.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    edited April 2023

Last Dance,

To add your avatar, go to your Account and Privacy Settings, on the right column select Change my picture, and then scroll all the way down to "Or select an image on your computer (2mb max):" ...

don't forget to hit save. Hope this helps.

• storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

😄🤔😅

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023
    I was testing how to delete a post, according to Ed's instruction. The text can be deleted, but not the post.
  • Jo C.

Yes. My intent was to see IF the program would allow me to put my name on the line with the topic if I was starting a new Thread. We used to have easy to read names on the old platform and many of us use that to instantly screen for those we want to read or give feedback for a variety of reasons.

Since the new program does not provide that useful dynamic and the names that area given are far too tiny and light at the bottom off the Thread info and is difficult for Members to find, especially those without perfect vision, we can, ourselves, indeed make this something we do by adding our names first each time we start a new Thread. Anyone else willing to do this so I am not the only one making myself look self-indulgent?

Grinning here because I was just Testing the idea to see if the program would permit adding a name to the title line BUT I wanted to delete the entire thing. No go. I did indeed use the edit process but it would not permit eliminating the Thread title. Oh dear. I ended up with two similar responses because for some reason, when I used the edit process, there was a lag time in processing and I ended up unintentionally putting two Posts online and by that time, I had confused the Edit dynamic so much it would not permit me to click on edit and erase the extra similar Post, so I simply wrote an apology and that was that. As said, won't try that again since the new program does not permit deletion of an entire Thread - we need to keep that in mind and be cautious.

We are all learning and it is important to provide feedback. See you all soon.

J.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

i just deleted my comment. Poof! It’s gone. Do I get extra points? Or another CAKE?

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

This was a nice suggestion JoC. Find it helps organize things. Keeps everything from seeming like it is all blended together. Thank you

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    edited April 2023

Jo C, this is a great help in identifying the poster. The avatar picture is so small it is useless. Also, another poster, don’t remember who, found a way to delete a post you make (as this site doesn’t allow it). Just backspace until message is gone and then type deleted. The heading remains but the body of the post is gone. Better than nothing.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more