Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hey

Another Day
Another Day Member Posts: 127
100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I definitely can understand how you feel. My husband calls Hey a lot. The other day I decided to ask him where is Hey, he just looked at me like he had no clue what I was saying. So I asked him “what is my name “ and he honestly was having a hard time trying to decide. My heart dropped because the first thing I thought was he doesn’t know my name. It took him a long time but finally said you’re my wife. But not my name, so I will keep answering to hey for now. It’s frustrating but sad at the same time. Hang in there.

• HollyBerry
    HollyBerry Member Posts: 175
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Thankfully we're not at the Hey, You stage yet, but I just need to say, I have been trying to work this morning since 6am, and since 7am when my partner got up, she has interrupted me approximately every minute or so for the last hour and a half. I've heard about everything the cats have done, which neighbors are walking their dogs, how many new daffodils are blooming, unusual names of people posting on Next Door. She has fed the cats 8 times. I was shown the contents of today's cat box cleaning. I have a meeting at 10 when I'll close my door and hang the "do not disturb" sign, but this early morning restlessness could make me crazy if I was trying to do anything that requires focus. And at the same time, I sort of don't want to shoot her down because she's in a good mood and she's interacting with me and the world, and that's a good thing, right? Later on, she'll sit there for hours staring out the window and getting pissy if I suggest she do somethign else. Tomorrow and Friday I will go into the office and enjoy the peace and quiet...

• Lgw
    Lgw Member Posts: 115
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

at ;east your dear ones are talking. My DH sleeps 23 hours a day and never says a word. He is awake when I change his diaper, and thank heavens he still rolls to the side when I ask him to, but that is diminishing too. He used to reach out to hug me while I was changing him and I miss that. Such a cruel disease. Enjoy the stage you are in because the next one is only worse.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more