Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Jo C. Bugsaroo How Are You Doing?

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

We hope you have made it over to the new Platform. We know that you have been having a dreadfully long lasting severe set of problem issues with your dear husband which is an understatement. You have been doing an amazing job of managing under some of the worst circumstances.

We know that "up there" in beautiful Canada, you were waiting for a very long time to gain a bed in a care facility. Since it has been awhile, I wonder if that was able to be accomplished.

Most of all, we would like to know how you are and how things are going. As said, so hope you are joined on the new platform; if so, would be great to hear from you.

J.

Comments

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Jo,

thanks so much for asking. The geripsych was here today and asked me if the increase in Trazadone was helping. I said it was making easier to deal with. However he still urinates on the floor and leaves turds on the tables and bureaus. The gift that keeps on giving I guess.

Anyhow, they are now making a crisis placement for him. My husband turned 79 on April 3rd and I am a ripe 66. I don’t know if this will speed things up or not.

I am very sorry I have been “silent” but my mom who just turned 90 in March has been in hospital as well. So the last few months have been insane. My mom is getting better and is in rehab to get back to walking, etc. I have been caring for my husband and dealing with my mom so this is why I have been incognito.

The geripsych mentioned how quickly my husband’s dementia had progressed. I feel happy that something might happen but also quite sad that he is this way.

Thank you for asking I really appreciate it.

jo aka buggsroo

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Buggs, whoops! I just replied to you on your Thread - you will find me there. So glad to see you and know you are alright; well as alright as can be under the circumstances.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more