Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

by Ed - About Jo C

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

She has asked for us to start the title of a new thread with our username. Considering all the great help she has provided for all of us, I think doing that for her would be a small way of saying "Thanks, Jo". It seems that would make it a little easier for her. And if you forget to do that, with the new system, you can now edit the title of the thread!!

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Ed, you are a champion for all of us! Thank you. Actually, the suggestion that we, ourselves, put our names on Threads we start was meant for the use of the Members since there had been much Member complaint re the new Platform about not being able to easily see the name of the person who starts each Thread as we had on the old Platform.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to see with ease which Member initiates a Thread. Sometimes we have Members with severe problems and even crisis with evolving needs that we wish to follow for support and they may have a new Thread we need to be able to identify for need of support and assistance. Sometimes there are Members who are so very wise and experienced, that to read their Threads is highly valuable; but we need to know they are there. Upon occasion there will be a Member who has an ongoing history of purposely highly negative Threads and it is good to check and ensure no one is being attacked or denigrated - that does not happen very often, but has occurred in the past. Ease of seeing a Member's name is as important on the new Platform as it had been on the old Platform where we had that tool.

You are one of those persons with great experiential wisdom, Ed and most of the Members including myself follow you closely. Thank you very much for all you do in support of all of us, it is greatly appreciated.

J.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,409
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

I suggest putting the word BY in front of our screen name when we put the screen name in the title. That way we will be able to differentiate that from using titles beginning ‘Crushed’ when we are trying to get a response from him - etc.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Good idea. I'll edit my title to the thread.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

This works very nicely. Makes it much easier and more organized it seems. Will try to remember this. Thank you

• Another Day
    Another Day Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I haven't like this transition much either. The font is too small and not bold enough for ease of reading. Good tips and hints are always appreciated. Thank you.

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ok , I followed your instructions and will see if it works.

😎

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney