Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

by Jo C. Ed1937

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thinking of you and Mike and how things are going for Mike, so hope that adequate services have been found for him.

Also wondering how you have been feeling since that, "episode," also hoping that all is going better for you.

Continue prayers for you and Mike,

J.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thank you, Jo! I haven't had any problem since that happened, and I feel good. Mike is still in the hospital, and he doesn't want to come home. He wants to go to a state hospital or live in a group home where he will get the help he needs. He sounds a little better, and he says he does, but still doesn't want to come home. Coming to live with me gives him everything he needs, but living here will mean he just can't get the support he needs medically. Part of the problem is that he is on Medicare/Medicaid, and many places will not accept that.

I did check with NAMI, and they seem to have a lot that can be helpful, but he is reluctant to go because he says he tried everything, and nothing works. But at least he's safe now. I don't know how much longer they will keep them, but they told him they would try to find a group home for him. Thanks again for asking.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Glad to know the update Ed. Please do keep us posted when you can. We all have family members besides our loved ones with dementia who also need support, and it is hard to feel pulled in multiple different directions. Part of life, but still not easy and the stresses are cumulative.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thanks for the update, Ed. I am glad you are doing okay and it is good to hear that Mike is feeling more comfortable in care. I so hope that an excellent group home can be found for Mike where he feels secure and peaceful and where he will get very good care support.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney